by Elodia Strain
Back in college my friends and I were big fans of the TV show Friends. One epiode I remember well is: “The One Where They All Turn Thirty--” which shows the characters’ thirtieth birthdays. In this episode, Phoebe, who was always my favorite of the female characters, spends her day catching up on her list of things she wanted to do before she turned thirty.
Well, this month I celebrated my birthday. And, since I’m now a lot closer to thirty than I am to twenty, I thought it might be fun to start my own list of things I want to do before I reach this milestone birthday.
Here are a few of the things on my list:
- Write a book that gets reviewed by Kirkus Reviews
- Go to Hawaii
- Watch my favorite movies in Spanish
- Know enough about my iPod that I don’t have to ask my husband for help anymore
- Know the moves on my favorite dance-workout DVDs as well as the instructor
- Re-read the classics I read in high school
- Go on more adventures with my husband
- Find the perfect pair of jeans
- Be able to lower my heels completely in yoga’s Downward Dog pose
- Learn at least one song on the guitar
- Become a favorite aunt
- Design and sew my own grocery totes
- And finally, because I believe in shooting for the stars, become the answer to a Trivial Pursuit question
So what’s on your list? What do you want to do before you turn 30, 40, 50, 60, 70?