Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hello everyone!

Well hello there! Looks like this is going to be a fun site. Thanks for including me. I know I'm late getting my first blog on here, but we just returned from a week-long family reunion. I'm still trying to recuperate.
We made two trips up the canyon, climbing over waterfalls and hiking through a river. We spent one full day on the lake water skiing and tubing. We spent another day in shooting competitions and had a fabulous dance! It was a great time, but next year I think I'll just go as a spectator instead of the planner.
A little about me - I'm a writer, of course. I enjoy doing nearly anything that gets a good adrenaline rush. I do enjoy my quiet time as well, which is one reason I wanted to celebrate when my youngest started school last year. I do love my private time during the day. Oh, I'm also a runner. I love to run ... rain, sleet, snow or hail ... okay, sometimes I do take it inside to the treadmill. Of course my running partner just moved so if any of you would like to go for a morning jog, give me a holler.
I'm located in southern Utah, the city of Enoch, to be exact. It was translated once, we can always hope we'll be here when it happens again.
Let's see, I have five children, ages 5-15. The oldest is learning to drive and it's making my husband age quite rapidly. I don't know that she can drive much worse than me (one of my aspirations is to drive race cars), so I'm taking it much better than I believed I would.
Anyway, I really enjoyed reading all the blogs and look forward to getting to know you all better. I also did quick previews of all your websites and must say I'm impressed. I'll check them out in further depth as time permits.
Now, if I can only figure out how to get my photo on here ....

5 comments:

Marsha Ward said...

Hello Robyn,

A lady I knew in the early 90s moved from Mesa AZ to Enoch, probably in 1994. Her name was Barbara Dykstra. Do you know if she's still around?

Marcia Mickelson said...

Welcome Robyn. It's nice to hear from you. Thanks for telling us about your trip. It sounds like fun. To post your picture, click on the image icon when you're writing your blog and then you can browse for it. Hope it works next time.

Robyn Heirtzler said...

Thanks, Marcia! I checked it out and will get a photo added to my next post. Fun - fun.

Robyn Heirtzler said...

Marsha,
I'm not familiar with Barbara, but if I hear the name around I'll have to let you know.

Stephanie Black said...

Robyn, I wish I loved to run like you do--it would do my pant size a world of good. Unfortunately, I'm a lot fonder of chocolate than I am of running.