Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Powerlifting and a Wedding

By Tamra Norton

Last week was a busy one for our family (they always are, aren't they?). On Tuesday my husband and our 16-year-old son, Josh headed off to Aruba for our son's powerlifting competition. Josh was part of the 2008 US Men's Powerlifting Team. They had a blast hanging out on the white sandy beaches of Aruba! Oh, and Josh came home with the silver medal.



"Any why didn't you go to Aruba?" I hear you ask. Well, on the same day my guys headed off to the Caribbean, we had lots of family come in town from Oklahoma for our nephew's wedding. (How considerate of him to marry a Houston girl). :)




On Friday (the same day as Josh's competition) Douglas (our nephew) and Ary were married in the Houston Texas Temple. The wedding was so incredibly beautiful, as was the happy couple. Aren't they darling. My oldest son, Preston was a groomsman (he's the blond). Preston and Douglas have been pals since they were wee tykes.


So I'm sad I didn't make it to the beaches of Aruba this year. Maybe I'll make it to the beaches of Galveston sometime soon. But there's nothing quite like witnessing a beautiful young couple start their lives together, in the right place, to the right person, and at the right time!

3 comments:

Marcia Mickelson said...

What a lovely, lovely picture of the wedding party. Too bad you missed Aruba, but what a great event that you were able to attend. COngrats to your son.

Elodia Strain said...

How pretty! I love the wedding colors. Did you take this with your own camera? If so, what kind do you have, because this is one nice photo.

And a silver medal in power lifting! I blogged a couple months ago and said I was proud to have graduated to 10 lb. hand weights :) Way to go!

Tamra Norton said...

Not sure who took the picture, but it was with my niece's camera and she downloaded them onto my computer. I just wish Douglas had been looking up in the picture--he's such a handsome kid! Those two are going to have gorgeous babies!

And Josh get's his strength from his dad, and his ability to sunburn from me! :)