Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Kids' Vacation=No Writing

By Marcia Mickelson

So, tomorrow my kids go back to school. That means that tonight, they went to bed at a decent hour. That means that I was finally able to write tonight. I'm doing Tristi Pinkston's BIAM this month and I haven't been able to start so far. Today was my first day of the month to write.

I just can't write when my kids are home from school. During the day, it's impossible. At night, I let them stay up late and so then I'm unable to write. By the time they go to bed, I'm exhausted. I did no writing during the holidays or the two weeks they had off from school. I'm so glad to be back on a regular schedule.

Baby is trying to give up his naps. Okay, he's three, so he's not still a baby. My other two gave up their naps at two, so I really can't complain. With no naps, I don't foresee any writing during the day. That means, most of my writing will come at night. Tonight was pretty good. 1,924 words. It felt good. My goal is to finish writing the book this month.

No comments: