Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Killing my Villain

By Tamra Norton

Sorry I'm not writing my blog today, but I've been busy killing my villain. And I'm having a blast doing it! I've never written a fantasy before so I've never had the pleasure of eliminating the evil villain. In a word, SUPERFUNILICOUSNESS! :) Such is the life of a writer.

I know what you;re thinking (aside from the Tami-is-a-nut-case thought). Yes, I've been saying for quite some time now that I'm ALMOST DONE with this manuscript. These words have escaped my lips (and fingers) several times over the past few weeks now. And honestly, I always think I can finish faster than I do. But in my defense, my second-to-the-last, big, climactic, super-whammy-of-a-chapter ended up being three separate chapters. And each chapter was a little longer than my average chapter in this manuscript. What can I say? Stuff just kept popping out of me (which sounds completely wrong, but it's the truth. I swear. Pop. Pop. Pop...)

So I'm FINALLY in the middle of the honest-to-goodness, second-to-the-last, big, climactic, super-whammy-of-a-chapter, and I'm tempted to not go to bed tonight until it's done.

Oops! Looks like I wrote a blog...sort of.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Marcia Mickelson said...

You're almost there. That's exciting. I'm so glad for you. Hope the killing goes well.

Janette Rallison said...

Sounds like you're having a blast writing. Those are always the best books to read!