Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Movie about me

Friday night I saw the movie, Becoming Jane, and I LOVED it! Anne Hathaway was fantastic as Jane Austen. The chemistry between Hathaway and James McAvoy, who gave a stellar performance as Tom Lefroy, was incredible. All I have to say is, Colin who? I've found a new favorite actor from the other side of the pond--Scotland to be exact.

Since many have not yet seen the movie, I don't want to give anything away. Just go see it as soon as you can! But yesterday when I was listening to the radio, the subject was "who would play you in the movies?" Hmmmmm...an interesting thought! My hunch is that Jane Austen would be pleased with Anne Hathaway's performance in Becoming Jane. So what if someone ever wanted to make a movie about me...



When I was a kid, I was a dead ringer for Cindy Brady. But since it's no longer the seventies, and I'm not sure Susan Olsen is even in the acting business, I guess I'm out of luck there.


When I was in college, I had a few people tell me I looked like "Glenda, the Good Witch" from The Wizard of Oz. Again, I'm having a "time-frame" issues here.


There IS one female actress, however, who just might work for me in the here and now! She has charm. She has charisma. She's "full figured" (PC for "chubby"). And since she's a comedian and I'd much rather laugh than cry, I think I've found the perfect ME!

So play with me. Who would play YOU in the movies?

3 comments:

Marcia Mickelson said...

I can't wait to see Becoming Jane. It looks so good. I can't even think of who would play me in my movie.

Marsha Ward said...

Helen Mirren, I think. Or Judi Dench. British actresses, both of them. I must be an Anglophile.

Karen E. Hoover said...

Becoming Jane was AMAZING! I'm so glad you blogged about it. I've never really gotten into the whole Jane Austin thing, but after seeing the movie I went out and bought four of her books! That should say a lot about how great it was.

As for who would play me? I've got a list of people I'd like to see as me, but not a one of them shows any kind of resemblance. There aren't very many actresses my age that aren't anorexic. Probably the closest pick would be Cameron mannheim.