Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2008

7 Things About Me

By Marcia Mickelson


Stephanie Black at Six LDS Writers and A Frog Blog tagged the Ink Ladies in a seven-things-about-me game. Here's mine. I'm excited to hear the other Ink Ladies' responses as well.



1. I'm an awful cook. I have messed up rice krispy treats and those cookies that people give you with all the ingredients mixed together and all you have to do is add an egg and butter.



2. I have naturally curly hair, which I hate. So, I do everything I can to straighten it.



3. I speak Spanish fluently, but have done an awful job of teaching it to my kids. I'm quite ashamed of it, actually. And I hope to do better. I would love my kids to be bilingual, but it's up to me and I need to do better.



4. I'm a Democrat, but for some reason I love to listen to conservative radio. I don't know why; I don't agree with a lot of what they say. But, I have to listen. I don't listen to the crazies like Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage, but to the sane ones like Michael Medved, Laura Ingraham, and Dennis Prager.



5. I don't buy DVD's. I've bought a couple for my kids, but I don't buy any for myself. Unless you count the Abs of Steel one that I don't use anymore. As far as movies go, I've never bought a movie DVD for myself. I'm too cheap. I prefer to rent them or get them from the library. I just can't justify the expense; I probably won't watch them again.



6. I love being pregnant. It is my absolute favorite time. I miss being pregnant all the time when I'm not which is most of the time. I love the extra eating and the huge belly. I love maternity clothes. I love the amazing feeling inside of me. And, most of all, I love the extra eating. I only have three kids; and I think it will probably only be one more for me. I will be really, really sad after that.



7. I love to watch Charlie Brown shows with my kids.

2 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Wow -- I'm always amazed to find people who like being pregnant. I like the anticipation, but my hormones go wacky and I could kill someone and not care.

Robyn Heirtzler said...

I'm with Tristi on this one. Pregnancy number five about did us all in.