Each of us has answered the following question:
What was the weirdest present you ever received?
Below are our answers. In the comments, write down who you think goes with each number. The first person to get all the answers right wins the novel of their choice from the Ink Lady of their choice!
1. Pepper spray ... I was ecstatic. I'm a runner and dislike dogs as much as dogs love chasing runners.
2. A ream of printer paper. (I actually asked for it)
3. I got a pair of athletic socks from my piano teacher when I was in fifth grade. I was mad because she gave my sister something more fun. They ended up being good socks, though, even though I'm not athletic.
4. Blond bangs (as in hair bangs) with a blue streak in them attached to a blue headband. They were the 80s equivalent of hair extensions, I guess.
5. When I was 19, my mom gave me a cat cookie jar for my birthday... what's a nineteen year old supposed to do with a cookie jar!?! AND I don't really like cats.
6. At a work Christmas party, I got a skimpy nightie (a cute one, not the other kind)-- from a male co-worker, but it was not meant like that at all. I was married and he was engaged, and I'm pretty sure his fiance picked it out. I was surprised, but it was very cute.
7. The purple crocheted skirt and vest outfit my mom gave me for my birthday when I was a kid--about 8 or 9 (I'm pretty sure she bought it at a thrift store--she didn't crochet). I got it first thing in the morning and was expected to wear it to school. I think that was the first and last time I wore it. Oy--it was way ugly, even for the early 70's.