Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

LDS Authors Make a National SPLASH!


By Tamra Norton

Have you noticed lately how many LDS authors are making a huge splash in the national market? If you live in Utah, maybe it's not as noticeable, but out here in "the mission field" is obvious.

The other day I was in my local Wal Mart (I live in a suburb north of Houston) and on the main aisle I was stopped in my tracks by the following display. (Aren't camera phones great? Click on the picture to enlarge it.) In the handful of high profile authors listed here, FIVE of the books were by LDS authors--two by Obert Skye (Leven Thumps books), one by Brandon Mull (The Candy Shop War) and two by Stephenie Meyer (from the Twilight Series). And this just scratches the surface of what's hot right now!

Very exciting, eh?

Oh, and don't forget to nominate your favorite LDS author for The Whitney Awards. The deadline is almost here--Dec. 31st!

3 comments:

Robyn Heirtzler said...

That's great to hear they're doing so well nationally!

Julie Wright said...

good to see they were placed so well :)

Rebecca Talley said...

I'm very excited for them--what a great thing.