Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Introducing...Our Lawn!

OK, about a month ago I posted some pictures of the snow all over our yard in Wisconsin. Well, for the past month the temperatures have been slowly but surely increasing. For it to be above freezing is all it takes to make the snow melt.

There have also been some snowy days throughout the month of March. In fact, on Tuesday, April 1, there was enough snow that they canceled school here. Seriously. I think we all must have wondered if it was an April Fool's joke, but it wasn't.

But that batch melted off quickly. And the past couple of days have seen highs in the 50's, and this evening I discovered it was 62 degrees! Wow! So I had to take advantage of the opportunity to walk the dog without wearing a coat. It was quite nice. There were people outside talking and riding bikes. The sidewalks were finally all clear of ice (hooray!). There's still quite a bit of snow around, but I think today I actually saw more grass than snow. I even saw a few trees starting to bud.

I think we've really, finally hit spring!

The downside of that, of course, is that our newly uncovered lawn is now in need of some serious lawn care. Ugh.

No comments: