Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Holidays and Practices

Okay, so the holiday set me back a couple of days, but I got here as quickly as I could. We had a baptism over the weekend and so much family at the house that it was blissful chaos. I do love having family stay with us. Now we just need a guest room or two ... perhaps when we finish the basement.

Sports is in full swing here in southern Utah. I do love watching my children play! Of course now we have a sophomore in volleyball, a seventh grader in soccer and a sixth grader in football and all three sports play at the same time. We have practices every evening, beginning and ending at different times. Two have their first games this Saturday and the other will be out of town at a tournament Friday and Saturday. Hopefully they will be at different times, otherwise we will have to divide and conquer. At least this is my husband's weekend off.

I figured I didn't have enough to do (finish a novel by my self-imposed deadline, run kids to sports practices, etc.) that I decided to put my youngest in violin lessons. Oh, she's so excited about it all, in fact she's been begging for a month! We bought her a violin over the weekend and she plays it every day, several times a day. Today is her first lesson and we're both so excited we can hardly stand it! I do love watching my children develop their talents! We have one playing the violin already, one plays guitar, one wants to learn the drums and bass guitar and one learning piano. Now the youngest will be playing the violin as well. Have you ever held a 1/8 size violin? Oh, they're cute!

What a musical house this is turning out to be. The other day my oldest walked in and said it sounded like we were tuning up for an orchestra concert, but with all the sports equipment laying around the house I have to wonder what kind of concert it's going to be.

2 comments:

Marcia Mickelson said...

Wow. Sounds like you guys are really busy. My kids are still little, but I guess that's what I have to look forward to one day.

Tristi Pinkston said...

It sounds like a great house, Robyn! I've heard that playing an instrument helps kids do better academically, too, so you're building them in lots of good ways.