Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

How I Spent My Weekend

by Marsha Ward

Some of you know that I've been intimately connected with American Night Writers Association (ANWA) for many years. Maybe you know that I'm the founder. Anyway, it's always a thrill to meet other members at our annual Writers Conference.

We held this year's event last saturday at a school in Gilbert, Arizona. That's in what is called the East Valley portion of the Phoenix metro area. Our keynote speaker was Kathryn Jenkins, managing editor of Covenant Communications.

I first met Kathy on Friday at a lunch attended by some of the presenters and members of the ANWA Board. I found her to be a very interesting woman of vast experience. Her keynote address and class the next day increased my respect for her.

Also at the lunch were my dear friends Kerry Blair and Tristi Pinkston. I enjoyed their classes so much. Heather Madder and Jon Lewis were not at the lunch, but I've known Heather for a couple of years, and found her class to be insightful. I didn't get to attend Jon's class, but from all accounts, those who attended appreciated his presentation.

Saturday was exhausting but exhilarating, and I sold a few books. I hope my trip to Southern Arizona in a couple of weeks is as rewarding.

3 comments:

Marcia Mickelson said...

Sounds like a great conference. I would have loved to be there. What a great accomplishment for you.

Christine Thackeray said...

Congrats, Marsha. How I wish I could have been there. Maybe next year.

Julie Wright said...

sounds like a great time!! I wish I could have gone.