Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Leavin' on a Jet Plane...HOPEFULLY!

By Tamra Norton
All my bags were were packed, I was ready to go...when the call came. "Mrs. Norton, we regret to inform you that your flight from Houston to Salt Lake City was cancelled due to bad weather."


"WHAT?!!! But I'm giving an assembly tomorrow. 500 kids are counting on me. And I'm going to my friend's booksigning tonight! And I've been looking forward to and planning this trip for months! And, and and..."


Apparently mother nature could care less about my plans. Right now Houston is under a tornado watch (which, honestly, we don't take too seriously in these parts because we have tornado watches at least once a month for a good chunk of the year).


I suppose I should be grateful to the airlines for watching out for my safety. I'll definitely be in their hands all day tomorrow! Instead of my non-stop flight that was supposed to take place today, I've been booked on a flight at 6:45 am to Cincinnati (yup--as in OHIO!!!) where I will then sit in the airport for 4 hours until I catch my flight to Salt Lake City.


The bright side of all of this? I hope to have a good writing day tomorrow.
Wish me luck! Oh, and I was able to reschedule the school visit for next Monday--whew!

1 comment:

Marcia Mickelson said...

Oh, I'm so sorry, Tami. I'm glad you were able to reschedule your visit. I'm flying out tomorrow too. I hope the weather's good. I have 2 layovers--in Phoenix, then Denver. Makes sense, right? I'll be thinking of you during my layover. Way to look at the bright side-- four hours to write!