Pages

Friday, August 8, 2008

Confessions of a Blogging Slacker


by Elodia Strain


Well, I’ve been so busy lately that, I admit it: I’ve been quite the blogging slacker. So I thought maybe I’d write about a few of the cool, fun, (and a couple just plain crazy) things that have been going on.

Here’s what I’ve been up to…

1) Taking a trip to Texas where I experienced a cricket jumping on me in my sleep, watching my father-in-law taking a shovel to a snake, and learning to drive a truck.
2) Playing with my niece. You seriously wouldn't believe how brilliant and imaginative this kid is. And I’d forgotten how much fun paper dolls and art projects were!
3) Finding a good recipe for chewy homemade granola bars. Thank you Recipe Zaar! http://www.recipezaar.com/
4) Searching for a gradual self-tanner with no parabens. And finally finding one. Coppertone Gradual Tan!
5) Making sure my younger sister had a beautiful wedding. And she did! During a trip to Utah to visit me, she found her dress; we searched for announcements, a baker, and a veil online, and ended up finding all of them; and then when the day came, I was with her in the temple, and I will never forget what it was like to have her take hold of my hand with tears in her eyes and say, “Thank you for being here with me.”
6) Having my first ever Aveda massage. Worth every penny.
7) Reading some fun books (The Hopeless Romantic’s Handbook had a title I couldn’t resist) and watching some fun movies (Lucky Seven was a pleasant surprise.)
8) Working like mad to finish writing my current WIP.
9) And finally, thinking about how blessed I am to have been able to do all of them!

Take care blog readers. And stay tuned for next week’s: Verbs of the New Millennium
Here’s a teaser: Ten years ago, if a guy had walked up to me and said, “Hey, I Googled you yesterday,” I would have seriously considered slapping him. But not today....

3 comments:

Marcia Mickelson said...

Where in Texas did you go to? Hope your work in progress is going well. Can't wait to hear about it. Is it your sequel?

Tamra Norton said...

You came to Texas? And you didn't visit me?!?!?!?! Okay, it's a big state. Were you anywhere near Houston?

Sounds like you've been having a blast...but so glad to hear from you again! :)

Elodia Strain said...

I was in Fort Worth. It was fun to try on Texas living for size. And yes, the current WIP is my sequel. I'm so close I can taste it!