Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Losing Focus

During the first part of this month, I was very focused on my current work in progress. I thought about my characters as soon as I woke up in the morning and kept them in my mind all day long. I'm serious--all day long. Each night, after my kids were in bed, I was ready to unload all my day's thinking onto the computer. I was ready to write, aching to write. As long as I woke up with my characters, I knew I would be aching to write that night.

From August 6th to August 14th, I wrote 10,784 words. I was really focused on my story and needed to write. Unfortunately, I've lost my focus a bit. I haven't written since August 14th. On August 15th, I woke up and they weren't there in my mind. My characters had left me. I didn't find myself thinking about them all day long like I had the days prior. I guess they went on vacation. I haven't found myself thinking about them, so focused on them since. I don't feel the ache to write, drawn to the computer the first free moment I get.

Right now, I don't feel like writing. I hope to get my focus back soon. I hope that I wake up thinking about them soon. I need my focus back. Hopefully, once school starts on Monday, I can get my focus back and start writing again. The kids will be back to a decent bedtime- 8:30, and I can get to writing earlier in the night.

I hate losing my focus. Focus, please come back. I miss you. I need you.

2 comments:

Janette Rallison said...

You and me both! I've been so busy editing and sending out flyers that I haven't written anything in weeks. Sigh. I need my focus back too!

Tamra Norton said...

I hate it when that happens! But don't worry. It'll be back! :)